NOTE: Only 1994 B Series Pick-up and Navajo ignition systems
use an external ICM. The 1995–98 B Series Pick-ups have incorperated
the ICM into the Power Control Module (PCM).
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the wiring harness connector(s) from the ICM.
- Remove the mounting bolt(s), then remove the ICM.
- Apply an even coat of approximately 1⁄32 inch
(0.80mm) of silicone dielectric compound to the mounting surface of the
- Place the ICM into the vehicle in proper position and install the mounting
bolt(s). Tighten the bolt(s) to 22–31 inch lbs (2.5–3.5 Nm).
- Attach the wiring harness connector(s) to the ICM.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
|Fig. 1: Ignition control module and mounting
location — 2.3L engine
|Fig. 2: Ignition control module and mounting
location — 3.0L engine
|Fig. 3: Ignition control module and mounting
location — 4.0L engine